Curriculum Intent Statement for Science: Biology, Chemistry & Physics
1. Students can go on to study Sciences at University/Level 3 if they wish; hence why our curriculum is built around knowing more and remembering more
2. Students can understand the world through developing key knowledge and skills in Biology, Chemistry and Physics
3. Students can problem solve and think logically in unusual contexts; hence why we have a high amount of practical experiments throughout KS3/4/5
The Science department at VHS firmly believes that learning Science at GCSE is fundamental
in strengthening a person’s emotional and physical wellbeing into adulthood. Not only this,
we know that GCSE science is needed, more now than ever, in order to educate our next
generation in a step towards addressing the many problems that we face as a global society.
To put it simply, someone who leaves school with a good understating of science will be
able to look after themselves, their families and the planet.
With topics ranging from personal health and hygiene through to climate change, food
security and gene technology, GCSE Science is about more than the qualification. It is about
developing young citizens, preparing them for their future as an active, useful member of
In summary we want nothing more than to help our students become people who, through
using the knowledge and wisdom that science brings, can look after themselves and those
they care about and impact on the world in a positive way.
- KS3 Science 2021 22
- KS4 GCSE Science 2021 22
- KS5 A Level Biology 2021 22
- KS5 A Level Chemistry 2021 22 Papers 1 and 3
- KS5 A Level Chemistry 2021 22 Papers 2 and 3